Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Officially annoyed... or confused.

I'm not going to make any promises this time but supposedly I am staying here. Not at this same office but generally LA area. So that's good.

Something seemed wrong with my SO when I told him that. He should have been elated. Right? - b/c I'm staying. But he was less than enthusiastic. I asked him about it and he told me that he'd gotten used to the idea of me leaving. So what??? - he still should have been happy. Relieved.

I'm really no expert at decoding male emotions but I'm going to take a stab at it, b/c he's certainly not helping. I know (or strongly believe) that he cares about me and wants to continue this psuedo-relationship but he's having a really hard time adjusting to the lack of independence. Keep in mind that this is a 30 yr old man that has never had a real relationship. I think my relocating would have given him the space he wants w/o the break-up. I can't imagine long distance being the ideal situation for any relationship but then again I can't imagine living 30 years w/o ever having a relationship. I don't know if I should feel rejected or sorry for him or..... ??? And really - honestly, I'm not smothering him. We live over an hour apart and see eachother AT MOST 2 times a week and weekends. That really doesn't seem like that much to me. Maybe it's just me. I'm a serial monogomist. Maybe it is a lot.

No comments: